The 10th Annual Family Chili Bingo Night is on Friday, March 1, at CMS. This is the biggest and most profitable fundraiser at CMS, and all proceeds go directly back to the music programs at our school. A huge thanks goes out to some incredible parents, as well as businesses, who have donated time, goods, and services to make this event a huge hit each year. This event consists of several parts:
On Monday, February 11, each student received an envelope with a prize list and 10-20 tickets, which students will be selling over the next 2 weeks. This year, choir and orchestra students are also selling tickets. With almost 400 participating students this year, we have the potential to raise more than ever. Students may also come back for as many additional tickets as they like! Here are the important facts that students must remember about selling these tickets:
- They MUST collect the money at the time of sale. Tickets are $1 each.
- They need to include the following information on each ticket:
- Buyer's name
- Buyer's phone number
- Item number (if the buyer wants their tickets to go towards a specific item)
- They must bring the tickets AND the money back to Mr. Jacques. (buyer does not keep the tickets)
This raffle is unique because you can choose which item you want to win. This means that you only have a chance of winning items that you would want, and it increases your odds of winning.
There are top prizes for students, and they were very excited to know what they might be able to win:
- Sell 10 tickets: Receive 1 free ticket for the item of your choice.
- Sell the 2nd-10th most tickets overall: Receive a gift certificate to one of these places: Papa John's, Pizza Factory, Chili's, In N Out.
- Sell the most tickets overall: Receive a $30 gift card to an area business of your choice!
- If each student in a class sells at least 10 tickets, they will all receive an in-class root beer float party!
Tickets will be drawn at the event on March 1. Winners do not need to be present to win (but it's more fun when they are present).
The chili cook-off is the tastiest part of the event. If you'd like to enter a chili, it's absolutely free, and you will have a chance of winning cash prizes for your creations. We ask that you make at least a crock-pot full so everyone can get a taste and have one person serve for at least the first hour of the event.
At the event, the cost to taste is only $5 and you will get to vote on your favorite. Winners are announced during the event. Last year's winner was a CMS teacher. Will you be our next winner? If you want to enter a chili, SIGN UP HERE!
At the event, we will have bingo games for additional prizes. Bingo will take place at the event, and there are 12 rounds. Bingo cards are 1 dollar each. The Bingo winners will receive such prizes as restaurant gift certificates, a scenic flight over Lake Tahoe, free pizza for a year, and Disneyland park hoppers!
Along with delicious chili tasting, parents from Carson High School's band will have a snack bar with hot dogs, chips, candy, and sodas. Bring the whole family and have dinner with us on March 1.
Our total fundraising goal is $10,000 and with a record number of participating students, we can easily reach that goal.
I'll be updating the newsletter again with the usual news and updates later in the week week. Enjoy the beginning of an amazingly fun and profitable fundraiser!