Monday, December 14, 2015

Concert Wrap-Up

Dear Parents,

Wow!! What a great week it has been!  I cannot begin to tell you all how proud I am of these students.  My job is incredible and that feeling is reinforced day in and day out by the wonderful students and supportive community. I received nothing but praise about student behaviors and the quality of the performances!

Concert Recordings
Back by popular demand: concert recordings! I uploaded several selections to YouTube for students and families.  Feel free to share these with anyone who was unable to attend the concert.

Beginning Strings
St. Nick's Canon on the Housetop
Advanced Strings
The 12 Musical Days of Christmas
William Tell Overture
March from the Nutcracker
Beginning Band
High Adventure
Concert Band
March of the Magical Toys
The Simple Gifts of Christmas
Jazz Band
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Jingle Bell Rock
Intermediate Band
Liturgical Fanfare
Chorale Elega'nt
Advanced Band
Santa at the Symphony
Joy
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Concert Program
Due to our record concert attendance, we ran out of concert programs.  I uploaded the program.  Feel free to print off as many copies as you'd like!  2015 Winter Concert Program


The fresh snowfall at the end of the concert made for a magical experience that neither the students nor I will forget.  



The Share your Christmas Food Drive on Friday brought holiday cheer to all!  The students marched through the neighborhoods and sounded great! We even performed Tribute to America once again.

Final Grades
All grades are up to date as of today, December 14.  Several students have low grades on tests or unexcused absences from concerts.  Please send me a note by Thursday, December 17, if you have any questions about your student's grade.  Since I will be out of town, I have also offered to listen to recording of make-up playing tests.  Feel free to have your student email me a recording by Thursday and I will listen to it. 

What's Next?
This week while I'm in Chicago for the Midwest Clinic, my substitute (thank you, Raynell) will work with students on Band-O-Rama and Festival music for the bands. Sue Jesch will be working on fundamentals and Christmas carols with the strings.  This will allow us to hit the ground running in January.  Although no practice assignments will be given, please ensure that your students remember that they do play in a band/strings class and that they should still continue to practice.  

I will be writing a "Year in Review" post within the next week.  

That's all, folks!  

-Mr. Jacques-

No comments:

Post a Comment