Sunday, December 14, 2014

Closure

Dear Parents,

After quite an activity-filled few months, we can now breathe a deep sigh and revel in the accomplishments that our students achieved.  What a great semester this has been!  As I leave for Chicago for my music educators conference, I wanted to leave you with a few items.


  • Thank you for an INCREDIBLE concert last Thursday.  Students all performed their best and showed me amazing amounts of excellence. 
  • Mrs. Heaton is going to substitute for all classes this next week, Monday-Friday.  She will be working on new music for the festival season, as well as fundamentals.
  • There will be no jazz band this week.  
  • Three classes achieved their practice log goals, and they do not need to do practice logs over the winter break: Advanced Band, Advanced Strings, Intermediate Band.  They will have a chance to submit practice logs for extra credit between Jan. 1-4 if they wish.
  • Three classes did not hit their practice log goals, and they must complete practice logs over winter break: Beginning Band, Beginning Strings, Concert Band.  These will be able to be submitted between Jan. 1-4. 
  • Here are the percentages: 
    • Advanced band: 83%
    • Advanced strings: 80%
    • Beginning band: 61%
    • Beginning strings: 56%
    • Concert band: 69%
    • Intermediate band: 91%
  • Tomorrow, I will be finalizing grades.  Please check PowerSchool on Tuesday or Wednesday and email me if you have any questions or concerns.  The last day that I can adjust grades is Thursday.  I'll be checking my emails in Chicago, so feel free to contact me.

I will be posting again sometime between Christmas and New Years Day with highlights from this year.  I will also include videos from the winter concert.  

Have a fun and relaxing winter break with your families.  Until next time, 

-Mr. Jacques-

No comments:

Post a Comment