Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Final Advanced Band Results / Reminders

Dear Parents,

One more quick note here before we hit the last day of school.  I just wanted to remind you that we have the 8th grade promotion, which begins on Thursday at 12:30 in the gym for all participating band members.  Call time is 12:00.  Please have students dress in something nice.  We should be done between 1:30 and 2 PM.  I need all school instruments or summer rental forms by 2:30 PM Thursday. 

Please have your students take home all personal belongings from their storage cubbies.  This also includes store-rented instruments and personal instruments. There will be no access to the band room after 3:00 PM on Thursday (even I am having to check in my keys).

I will be handing out some of next year's festival and band-o-rama music to all returning band members.  I encourage them to use this as a way to keep them playing their instruments over the summer.  The parts are fun, yet challenging, so any work they can put into it over the summer will go a long way in allowing us to hit the ground running in August.

Here is the final list, by instrument, of the advanced band members for the 2014-2015 school year.  Congratulations to everyone who tried out.  A big thank you goes out to the students who auditioned and then volunteered to learn a new instrument over the summer.

Flute
Jaelyn Young
Cindi Redus
Alondra Gomez
Maryn Myler
Kealey Meyers
Clarinet
Max Fontaine
Cierra Randall
Fiona McDonald
Rachael Cuellar
Josephine Payan
Alto Saxophone
Nathan Tooley
Lindsay Chowanski
Valeria Martinez
Julene Snyder
Tenor Saxophone
Jacob Richetta
Trumpet
Jordan Turner
Luke Bowler
Adelynn Puett
Kate Torres (switching from flute)
Alex Wall (switching from percussion)
French Horn
Regan Lowe
Trombone
David Barrientos
Baritone
Cory Bill
Kincaid Peternell (switching from clarinet)
Tuba
Buddy McDonald
Percussion
Syrena Chowanski
Jacob Sullivan
Tara Eustis


Finally, one shameless personal plug that I must put in.  I own pet rats, and they just had a litter.  Rats are social, intelligent small animals and they are easy to care for.  Before I sell them to anyone else, I'd like to offer them to my students, so I am asking you, the parents, if there's anyone who would like pet rats.  I have 8 available, and it's preferable that they are sold in pairs.  For my students, they're free to a good home.  Parents: let me know if you would like a new pet, first come, first served.  We can make arrangements for delivery this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment